This Get-To-Know-Me tag came right in time. Thank you Monkey Mind for tagging me. This is my first tagged post. So all of you out there will get a chance to know more about me whether you want it or not 😉 …….
1. Are you named after anyone? Nope I am not named after anyone. But my name is way too common. Probably if you happen to meet five Bengali girls, I will probably share my name with at least one of them. All of my school and college life there was one other girl with my name. And I so hated it.
2. When was the last time you cried? A few years back I could have given you this answer very easily because every so often I would cry. Be it a fight with hubby or parents. Be it some altercation with the in-laws. Be it some odd misunderstanding and it would have tears rolling down my cheeks. But not so much now, as they say I have hardened. I still get hurt but don’t cry as easily. So the last time I really cried would be in July because I was fortunate enough to come face to face with a JERK. Thank God I saved my dignity and didn’t cry in front of him.
3. Do you have kids? Yes I do. I have a beautiful 5-year-old daughter.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Oh yes!!! I would have held myself and never let me go. But on a serious note I think I would because as most of my friends would tell you I am not that bad after all. At least I would hope they say that.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Well yesterday I asked my hubby this question and he said I don’t. So does it mean I really don’t use sarcasm or does it mean he really doesn’t get it?? For instance, when I ask him “honey, can you take the trash out today, please?” He answers back saying, “You can do it tomorrow, can’t you?” To that I say, “Sure I will, anyway I don’t have anything better to do.”
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? Now out of all activities, why would anyone want to know whether I will bungee-jump or not……But now that you ask me, well I really don’t think I would because unlike some of you I am not a very jumping kind of person.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? I don’t like cereals. But these days with trying to be healthy and all that, I eat Kellogg’s Special K Original.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? These days I notice whether they have kids or not and if they do how old are the kids 😀 ….
9. What is your eye color? Black.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? I love happy endings. Scary movies are not for me. I hate watching a movie clutching a pillow over my face.
11. Favorite smells? I love the smell of rain. I love the smell of my Daughter. I love good perfumes my favorite being ‘NUDE’. I particularly like one of hubby’s perfume because no matter what I am doing that smell takes me back to our newly married days. I love when my house smells of sandalwood incense sticks early in the morning. And how can I forget, I love stepping in a bakery and inhaling the aroma of freshly baked goodies.
12. Summer or winter? Growing up in India always had me craving for winter. It was the time for fairs and picnics. But after living in the US for almost a decade, I love summer. I have started to loathe winter with its bare trees and gloomy grey skies. Summer is a season we really enjoy with a lot of activities and outdoor fun.
13. Computer or television? I am not a television person at all. What little I do watch can be done in my computer but television won’t do any of the things that my beloved computer can do. So I am definitely a computer person.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? When I got married and came to the US right after my marriage I still associated home with my parent’s house. So that was the furthest from home. And now having made a home away from home, each time I go to India I am away from my home. So basically the distance between India and US is the furthest I have been away from home either way.
15. Do you have any special talents? Does cooking count?? No, not the daily dal-chawal…..but cooking these daily food day-in day-out should also be considered as a talent, no??
16. Where were you born? In a nursing home in Calcutta. Sorry no exciting stories there.
17. What are your hobbies? Day dreaming, surfing the net, listening to music, playing candy crush…..
18. Do you have any pets? Nope, not really a pet friendly person. Tried to keep a goldfish but killed it by overfeeding it. What?? How am I supposed to know it can’t handle a little extra food?
19. Favorite movie? Please give me a break!!!! I have been watching movies for 20+ years, how do you expect me to answer?? But anyway I love watching Aamir Khan Movies…..and one of my all-time favorite movie is You’ve Got Mail.
20. Do you have any siblings? No….it’s just me.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you still think I need to grow up and be something? It’s been a while someone asked me this question. And this is something that I often ask my Daughter and get a variety of answers from doctor to teacher to ballerina to a princess.
Yay!!! Done!! 🙂